Nobody likes bills. The electricity, gas and water bills can be a real headache, but there are things you can do to soften the blow. We are always on the lookout to make our use of electricity more efficient and here are some tips on how you can decrease your use of electricity and reduce the amount of money you spend from month to month.
- Switch appliances off when you aren’t using them
- Use a kettle to boil water rather than boiling water in a pan on the stove
- Only use the dishwasher when it is full
- Hang clothes up to dry, rather than using a tumble dryer
- Turn the lights off when leaving a room
- Use a small lamp for reading rather than the main lights in a room
- Use energy-saving bulbs
- Wash clothes using cold water
- Reduce the time you spend in the shower
- Consider re-insulating your home to cut down on heating bills
Now, while you may not want to follow all of these tips, every little helps and even getting into the habit of always switching off the light can have a noticeable effect on your bill!
If you would like any more advice, we’d be happy to talk to you about how you can make your electricity use more efficient. We can install new products that will really increase your energy efficiency. Call us on 01702 873350 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Image © Tristan Martin, Flickr.